Gold recycling is more popular than ever in recent years, due to the demand for precious metals. Every piece of gold processing helps meet demand, and the American public can help process and get paid for it. Even if you don’t have a lot of gold jewelry at home, there are many other household items that contain gold and can be recycled for profit. Recycling gold can be very profitable and will help you earn from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars depending on what you have to recycle.
To start recycling gold, here are 10 items you can start looking for in your home to start recycling.
1) Old laptop and old computers – Different brands and models may have different components, but chances are your old computer will have gold in the chip processor, CD drive unit and laptop adapter extensions. Before extracting gold from these items, you should research the process of removing gold from these items. The use of toxic chemicals is often required, so it is important to understand the process of removing gold as well as take care of safety to make sure that the chemicals are not harming you.
2) cell phones – your mobile phone has components made of gold, or these products can be gold-plated.
3) Broken and unwanted jewelry – You may have old jewelry from your ex-husband, ex-girlfriend or boyfriend and even relatives. You may have items that you haven’t worn in 10 years, or items that have broken. The great news is that these things can be turned into cash if you no longer want them.
4) commemorative pins – around the house can be pins and buttons, which are real gold. You may have inherited military memorabilia that contain gold.
5) Old fillings and caps – dentists years ago used gold for fillings and caps. You may have a relative or even yourself who has had the gold filling removed.
6) Old smoke detectors – remove the old smoke detectors and replace them with new ones. Before disposing of the old smoke sensor, remove the gold
7) Old VCRs – they have gold
8) Old Junker Car – Your old car has gold. Depending on the year, brand and model, the gold content will vary. System chips and insulation are some places to look.
9) Old TVs, printers and cameras – I can’t list every make and model, but there is gold in these items. People throw away these things every day because they are obsolete. You can pick them up for free and turn them into cash.
10) Glass and silverware – not all glass and silverware will have gold, but some items will. In some devices in ware there will be gold, in glassware – gold in a glass, and in some silver products – gold in ware. Carefully review all items. Silverware can also be trial silver, which is also a precious metal that you can sell for an instant profit.
As you can see, there are many items that can be recycled and turned into instant money. Some recycling methods take longer than others, so you may have to experiment with the process to determine which method you prefer. The great thing about recycling precious metals is that everyone can start recycling today and make extra profit.